Welcome to Wood Acres Elementary School!
There are nearly 800 students at WAES, which makes us a large community. Assimilating to a school of our size can be daunting, but the PTA and our Newcomers Committee are here to help. Our mission is to ease the transition of new families into the school and community.
To get you started, here is a quick checklist for new families:
- Contact the Wood Acres ES school office at 240-740-1120 and enroll your child or children at Wood Acres.
- Sign up for Woodnet, the PTA’s email listserv, by clicking here. The PTA uses this listserv to share information about upcoming events and activities, as well as the PTA’s weekly newsbrief – the Wildcat Week Ahead.
- Click here to learn more about our PTA and what we do.
- Click here to learn about our many committees and volunteer opportunities.
- Join the PTA by visiting here. Registration for the 2015-16 school year will open when classroom assignments are announced.
- Attend the PTA’s events for Newcomers.
- Wildcat Welcome – All new Wood Acres families are invited to the Wood Acres Wildcat Welcome. This event takes place during the Open House on the Friday August 26th. Join Wood Acres staff, PTA board members and the Newcomers Committee from 8:45-9:45am for coffee and conversation in back of the school by the playground. For additional information, please contact Newcomers Committee chairs Jennifer Sun (email@example.com) and Jody Boudreault (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Wildcat Playdate in the Park -- Join the PTA Board, Newcomers Committee and other New Wood Acres Families for fun at Wood Acres Park on the playground near the tennis courts. Feel free to bring the whole family and fruit/dessert to share. We will have pizza! Friday September 16, 4-6pm.
- Check out our Newcomers Reference Guide for helpful information about local sports organizations, music and art, theater and dance, family leisure, shopping, and other resources.
For more information about the Newcomers Committee or any of the resources and activities listed above, please contact the Newcomers Committee Chairs Jody Boudreault (email@example.com) and Jennifer Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org).