Wood Acres PTA Membership 2016-17
|We need you! By joining the Wood Acres PTA, you:
- Vote on PTA matters that directly affect our children and our school.
- Partner with other parents to become active, involved citizens in our community.
- Become a member of the local, state, and national PTAs.
- Stay current by using the Wood Acres directory containing students’ addresses, phone numbers and school information (additional copies available for $5 each).
- Help fund programs that respond to the needs of our students, teachers, and parents.
|What has your PTA done for you (and your child) lately?
- Funded the purchase of new computers, laptops, and projectors for the classrooms and new portables.
- Provided all financial and volunteer support of planetarium.
- Welcomed new families to the school community.
- Redesigned the PTA website to keep you informed.
- Represented parents’ interest on cluster and county educational issues.
- Funded the computer consultant position to train and support teachers.
Family membership in the PTA costs $35, which helps to support PTA activities throughout the year. With your family membership you will receive one school directory. Additional directories are available for $5.00 each.
The National PTA is the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. A not-for-profit organization of 5.7 million parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in their schools and communities, the PTA is a leader in reminding our nation of its obligations to children. Membership in the National PTA is open to anyone who is concerned with the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.