Congratulations to all the participants in the 3rd Annual Wood Acres Science Fair!
Please mark your calendars for the 4th Annual Wood Acres Science Fair to be held Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 6:30p-8:30p.
Create a Science Project
Creating a science fair project is fun! Suggested guidelines for your child are below, but we welcome any science project displays. No hazardous or messy materials, or large live demonstrations are allowed.
- Think of an interesting question and how you might answer it. See "Find a project"
- Review the "scientific method"
- Form a question/prediction (K-1) or problem statement/hypothesis (2-5)
- Plan & conduct & write up your experiment(s) K-1 or 2-5.
- Review the results of your experiment(s)
- Form your answer (K-1) or conclusion (2-5)
- Create your presentation board
- Rehearse your verbal presentation
Do you believe that we should work to inspire kids to understand and enjoy science? If so, help students experience science by taking a leadership role with the Science Fair Committee.
Read about the Wood Acres Science Fair in recent press coverage in the Bethesda Patch.
If you have any questions about the Science Fair and projects or are interested in judging, please reach out to Helen Barold at email@example.com